If you are running a restaurant, you must pay special attention to the kitchen. It’s not possible to run a successful food business without an efficient kitchen. The restaurant business is all about good and high-quality food, so it’s vital to have all the essential tools to provide good food. Some of these essentials may be obvious, but here we have listed the five must-haves for any restaurant kitchen.
Commercial refrigerators are the most important equipment that you’ll need for a restaurant kitchen. Refrigerators play an important role because it’s their function to keep the food fresh and nutritious. There are many different types of refrigerators designed specifically to fulfill the needs of a restaurant kitchen. When choosing a refrigerator – consider the size and capacity you’ll need.
There are some steps you must be considered before purchasing a commercial refrigerator:
- Price & Quality: You’ll want to find a balance between price and quality. Stick with a brand you know and one that manufactures fridges at an affordable price.
- Warranty: Your fridge will need maintenance at some point, and having a warranty to cover it will save you money down the road.
- Size: Measure your space to be sure you get the right size fridge for your kitchen. Keep in mind that larger units may consume more energy, which can be a cost drain if you don’t need a large unit.
- Condenser type: There are pros and cons to top-mount and bottom-mount condensers. Bottom-mount units are easier to clean and give better accessibility to your food. Top-mount condensers don’t trap as much dust or blow out hot air when opened. It comes down to what will work best for your kitchen space.
The commercial range is one of the most versatile and most used pieces of equipment in a restaurant kitchen. With the ability to fry, grill, broil, saute, boil, braise, simmer, warm, and even bake, commercial ranges are a chef’s best friend! Commercial ranges are available either as electric or gas ranges.
Types of Commercial Range
- Heavy-Duty Commercial Range: Rugged and durable, heavy-duty ranges produce a lot of heat, which means food cooks faster. This is an ideal unit for busy kitchens.
- Restaurant Range: While they are not as strong as heavy-duty ranges, restaurant units will be the ideal fit for smaller kitchens that serve less than 150 customers at any one time.
- Specialty Range: Some ranges are designed for special use, such as wok or stock pot ranges. Depending on your menu, one of these units may be a good fit for your kitchen.
How to Find the Right Commercial Range
Here are some tips for finding the right commercial range:
- Size: Ranges designed for restaurant kitchens can come in many different sizes. It is best to measure the space you have set aside for your range, so you don’t buy one that is too big or too small.
- Burner Output: Ranges with high BTUs will heat up quickly, which is ideal when you need to service customers a hot meal ASAP. However, higher BTU ranges will consume more energy. That can also mean your HVAC system will have to work harder to keep the kitchen temperature down.
- Safety: You will need to check on your local fire codes and ensure that the range you purchase is in compliance.
- Energy Efficiency: While there is no rating system for commercial ranges, there are some tips to keep your energy use down. These include: selecting an induction or natural gas range. If you do opt for a gas range, pick one that has electronic ignition.
A dishwasher will save you a lot of time and effort. They’re essential tools that can reduce the burden of washing dishes. Standard dishwashers are powerful and strong enough to clean a large number of dishes in a short time. They come in a variety of sizes so you’ll be able to choose the one that suits your needs.
Advantages of Dishwashers
- Increases Efficiency: Compared to manually washing dishes, a commercial dishwasher can get more cleaned in less time.
- Saves Time: With the dishwasher cleaning large amounts of dishes in a short time, employees can use their time on more important tasks.
- Helps with Food Safety: Dishwashers ensure that dishes are cleaned and sanitized according to regulations.
- Stop the Spread of Bacteria: Dishwashing machines can stop bacteria from spreading better than manual cleaning.
Commercial Ice Maker
Ice makers are another integral part of any food business. They are essential equipment for restaurant kitchens, especially in the summer months. Ice is key for food preparation, storage, and, most importantly, for serving cold drinks. They are the necessary tools whether you are running an established restaurant.
Benefits of Ice Makers
- Investment: A quality ice machine should be seen as an investment in your kitchen. Its versatility and durability mean that you’ll be able to enjoy high-quality ice over the long term, which can have a positive impact on your food and drinks.
- Essential for making high-end cocktails: Ice is a key ingredient in high-end cocktails. Using lower-quality ice can have a negative impact on the flavour of the drink.
- A convenient option for domestic use: Ice makers are not just for restaurants; they can also be a valuable appliance in anyone’s home.
- Satisfying customer’s needs: Having quality ice to serve guests and customers demonstrates a genuine desire to meet their needs.
One of the main reasons for having a portable sink is to help your employees stay clean and hygienic. This is particularly important if you run a catering company or restaurant that hosts an event or cooking food on the go. This not only ensures that you offer the best food but also helps your business comply with all required local health laws and regulations.
Manage your restaurant business easier and provide customers with an enhanced experience with the top 5 must-haves for your restaurant kitchen. These five are the basic items you’ll need to run your restaurant. If you have these items and some are outdated, it may be a good idea to upgrade to a newer model.